Code of conduct
Animest is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all festival guests and attendees, team members, and volunteers. We will not tolerate any form of harassment or harmful behavior.
By attending Animest events, screenings, or parties, you agree to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Harassment can include, but is not limited to:
- prejudice (pertaining to gender identity and expression, sexuality, age, race, religion, belief, disability, or socio-economic background)
- derogatory comments or targeted insults
- deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- unwelcome touching or sexual attention
- invasions of private space and personal boundaries
- aggressive behavior or tone
- harassing photography or recording
- interruption of screenings, Q&As, or other events
- encouraging any of the above behavior
Anyone violating these policies will be asked to stop and is expected to comply immediately. In the face of sustained harmful behavior, the organizers or their representatives may decide to revoke participation rights (without refund) for a specific event or the festival, in 2023 and/or future years.
We encourage everyone to be active bystanders! During the festival, if you are made to feel unsafe or unwelcome, notice someone else in this situation, or want to share other concerns of a similar nature, please tell a member of our staff or volunteer, whom you’ll be able to locate near the entry to the venues. They will help, or find someone who can.
If you share an incident, we will listen from a position of belief and focus on your immediate safety. We will keep what you say in confidence until and if agreed otherwise, and can recommend relevant support agencies and services.
If you prefer to contact us in writing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Animest International Animation Film Festival is part of the Animation Festival Network and thus a supporter of Keep Festive, a collective initiative that stands against any sort of sexual harassment and helps festival organizers create a safer space for everyone involved in the event.